What Would It Take for Love to Conquer All?
LGBTQ+ youth are at increased risk of suicide and violent crime. Teenage years can be difficult for everyone, but for LGBTQ+ youth they can be especially dangerous. Why is that the case though? Well, our attitudes and beliefs about LGBTQ+ people are part of the problem.
This is Episode 5 of the What Would It Take Podcast. Join me as I ask What Would It Take for Love to Conquer All?
Links to sources from the episode:
- The Reformation Project
- PBS News Hour article Study finds lgbtq people much likelier to be crime victims
- GAP LGBTQ Religion Project PDF
- Q Christian Fellowship Prayer Wall
- HuffPost nest article, Chilling Study Sums Up Link Between Religion And Suicide For Queer Youth
- The Trevor Project national survey results
- CDC resources for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- NBS news article, Nearly 1 in 5 hate crimes motivated by anti-LGBTQ bias, FBI finds
- Indiana Youth Group
- OK2BME article, WHAT DOES LGBTQ+ MEAN?