What would it take for all people to be free?
As Anabaptist christians, we claim to center Jesus’ work and actions in our faith. If Jesus came
to set the oppressed free, how can we go about our lives while ignoring the truth that our
brothers and sisters are not only oppressed, but often murdered without justice?
This is Episode 2 of the What Would it Take? podcast. Today we’re exploring police abolition as
we wrestle with the question: What would it take for everyone to be free?
Links to sources from this episode:
- Washington Post article about John Crawford III
- Washington Post article about Kenneth Walton’s traffic Stop
- 8toAbolition policy changes PDF
- 8toAbolition Resource library
- NPR article about the Rodney King Riots
- Democracy Now! article about the Fred Hampton Assassination
- Link to The End of Policing by Alex S Vitale
- Link to The Politics of Jesus by Obery M. Hendricks Jr.