What Would It Take for Everyone to Have a home?
There is a mythical stigma associated with homelessness that says people who are homeless are lazy. They’re often treated as “others”, and characterized as a “problem” to be solved or hidden. Lets take stock of our assumptions about homelessness and consider how we can truly love our neighbors.
This is Episode 10 of the What Would It Take Podcast. Join me as I ask, What Would It Take for Everyone to Have a home?
Links to sources for this episode:
- Article from Strong Towns, Resilient, Long-term Approach to Addressing Homelessness
- Article from Fox 11 Los Angeles, City of Los Angeles accused of moving the homeless in order to prepare for the Oscars
- Article from Los Angeles Times, L.A. near settlement to create shelters and clear homeless people off the streets
- Information from the National Alliance to End Homelessness – Chronically Homeless
- Information from the National Alliance to End Homelessness –What Causes Homelessness
- Information from homeless hub – Causes of Homelessness
- Proven Solutions from the coalition for the homeless
- PDF resource from the National Law Center on homelessness and Poverty – No Safe Place, The Criminalization of Homelessness in U.S. Cities
- Alternative resources than calling the police, from Don’t Call The Police – Resources by City
- Youtube video from Invisible People which share’s Lavern’s story