Here are five things worth paying attention to this week. Mix things up this week and start with #5.
- Autism in the Black Community is often overlooked or ignored, yet its effects are felt by those with loved ones on the Autism Spectrum. Check out Black Autism Support Society (B.A.S.S.) to learn more.
- There are alternatives to violent policing, and one city is in CAHOOTS with community members to find a better way forward.
- Imagine actually ending homelessness and housing insecurity. Linette Hidalgo helps us image that possibility.
- Illinois did a thing earlier this month and the implications are huge for those in support of police and prison abolition.
- The Foster Care system affects millions every year, yet it is often absent from our larger political dialogue. And as problematic as the official system is, there is also a shadow side that needs to be brought to light5