Here are five things worth paying attention to this month. I recommend selecting one or two and jumping in over the next week.
1. In an image-conscious society, hair loss can mean identity loss, but as Representative Ayanna Pressley states, it doesn’t have to.
2. You’ve heard of blackface, but are you familiar with it’s modern counterpart?
3. If you need resources on how to discuss consent with your students, children or family members, Betty Martin has some free tools that are immensely helpful.
4. The year 2020 is an election year, and there will be ample misinformation designed to decrease turnout. Be aware of the deadlines to register in your state.
5. If you enjoy local spoken word artists, check out my friend’s rendition of Lady Liberty.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is a chaplain at Indiana University Health in Indianapolis, co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.