Here are five things worth paying attention to this month. I recommend selecting one or two and jumping in over the next week.
1. I’ve recently become a pescatarian, and as I’ve slowly begun modifying my diet, I’ve discovered the magic of seitan.
2. What happened to Black Wall Street? White rage burned it to the ground.
3. If you’re looking for inspiring TED talks, look no further.
4. Black children experience school much differently than their white counterparts.
5. If you’ve adopted a child of a different race or ethnicity than yourself, you need to hear this.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is a chaplain at Indiana University Health in Indianapolis, co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.