Here are five things worth paying attention to this week that aren’t related to the coronavirus.
1. If you’d like a podcast on parenting and spirituality, check out the Bringing Forth podcast. Each episode is packed with insight from a variety of perspectives.
2. If you’re looking for a good book on justice, check out my friend Kerry Connelly’s work called Good White Racist. It’s powerful, poignant and packed with wisdom.
3. Much of my frustration with the Democratic Party this year centers around the pursuit of the people Dr. King called white moderates. Teen Vogue—yes, you read that right—does a great analysis of the issue.
4. Let’s not forget that the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe are still fighting to protect their land and their lives. They won a significant legal battle this week.
5. If you are in need of grounding and meditation right now, the Center for Action and Contemplation has you covered.
Ben Tapper has a master’s degree in public affairs and an M.Div. He is co-founder of the Hear Me Project and blogs at Invisible Truths.