Here are five things worth paying attention to this month. I recommend selecting one or two and jumping in over the next week.
- Our transgender family is facing death daily just for existing. Sara Blackwood, an Indianapolis resident, is the most recent example of this gruesome truth.
- Indianapolis is again on the map for all the wrong reasons. More evidence of police brutality.
- Throughout this summer, black men have been found hanging from trees across the country, and each time the deaths are almost immediately ruled a suicide. Something doesn’t add up and Nevan Baker is the latest example.
- If you’re looking for a book that centers blackness and is full of Mennonite spirit, look no further than Remnants.
- Protests have been ongoing in Nigeria for weeks as people are rising up to protest police brutality and terrible economic prospects. Take note.