We started our weekend bundling our plants to protect them from frost. Too cold to grill, we roasted up a big mess of asparagus with a little lemon for a simple spring lunch. This week things are warming up and spring is fast becoming more truth than fiction.
Yield: Serves two for a light lunch
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- Heat the oven to 425.
- Wash the asparagus and trim off the tough, woody ends.
- Toss the asparagus in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Spread the asparagus evenly on a baking pan (use a silicon baking mat or parchment to make clean up easier).
- Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes until the asparagus is slightly wrinkled and the tips look crispy.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with an additional twist of lemon juice.
The Hungry Hounds is the food blog of Paul and Rebecca Shetler Fast.